- PLAYBOY: [On Second City] Where you worked with Gilda Radner for the first time.
- AYKROYD: Yeah. Gilda was already breaking hearts left and right. All the guys loved her. You know how Bill Murray would pick her up and twirl her around his head? I felt that way about Gilda.
- PLAYBOY: Huh?
- AYKROYD: I would express it differently, but I understood it when Billy would pick her up and twirl her around and begin biting her.
- PLAYBOY: Did you remain friends with her after SNL?
- AYKROYD: We all kind of lost touch with Gilda. She married Gene Wilder and built a life with him. Our paths didn't intersect for many years, until I saw her at a party at Laraine Newman's house one year before she died. Everyone there was around her like filings around a magnet. But we had a lot of years together at Second City and then on Saturday Night.
Hey guys, I just want to let everyone know I’m about to revamp the awesomeness of this fuckyeah with a spam. I’ve noticed in the past that a lot of pictures it took me an extremely long time to find have ended up all over interwebia like they were as easily accessible as the “delicious ambiguity” quote.
I realize that this is indeed the internet, and I have not indeed been crediting every single photo/photographer (as they aren’t always attributed to their work when I find it); but if you guys could reblog my posts instead of saving, and reuploading them, it would be much appreciated.
That said, submissions are always open, and other awesome Gilda sleuths are much appreciated!
Thank you all for your patience and your shared love of the greatest person ever. (In my opinion, at least!)
<3 Glad to be of service. Thank you for the kind words!
And lastly, another gif to add to your collections:
you are truely amazing. i cant even count how many times ive watched Best of Gilda Radner and i laugh as if im watching it for the first time.